By Paige Brown
In the latest RISMedia webinar—“Customers for Life: How to Become Part of the Homeownership Lifestyle”—panelists Marshall O’Keefe, senior director of business development at Rocket Mortgage; Nicole Bostrom Cogan, licensed attorney and real estate broker with The Real Estate Center; and Yamel Ramirez Maynard, broker associate and sales manager at Keller Williams World Media Center, discuss how real estate professionals can become part of the homeownership lifecycle and create lifelong customers and meaningful relationships, especially in today’s competitive market.
The webinar was sponsored by Rocket Mortgage and moderated by Sarah Bernard, senior coach and team leader for Workman Success Systems.
Panelists shared tips and strategies for real estate agents to attract new clients and become a lifelong resource and expert in today’s real estate market:
- Stay connected with your Top 50 in meaningful ways, such as hosting client events that make an impact or sending handwritten notes for holidays, birthdays, anniversaries and more.
- Be friendly and helpful, not salesy or pushy—be a source for information in a way that you would like to receive it.
- Focus on the actionable items you can do consistently and authentically.
Here’s what our esteemed panelists had to say:
- “We ultimately like to understand ‘Where is our top 50? How can we connect with these folks, and what value can we bring to the table?’” -Marshall O’Keefe, senior director of business development at Rocket Mortgage
- “Be interested, not interesting. You want to ask questions and involve yourself with your clients. Know who they are and where they are in their life.” -Nicole Bostrom Cogan, licensed attorney and real estate broker with The Real Estate Center
- “Social media leaves a lot of cues. Weddings, graduations, etc…take this off social media, make a call.” -Yamel Ramirez Maynard, broker associate and sales manager at Keller Williams World Media Center
- “There’s so much that we can do without spending a lot of money. At the end of the day, our business is based on relationships and referrals.” -Sarah Bernard, senior coach and team leader for Workman Success Systems
For more information on how you can thrive in a low-inventory market and increase listings despite limited supply, check out the full webinar here.
To view more webinars from RISMedia, subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Paige is RISMedia's content editor. Email her your real estate story ideas at email@example.com!