As a broker, you more than likely hear your colleagues and peers raving about specific industry events and conferences on a pretty consistent basis. But with so many events to choose from throughout the course of the year, how do you know which will truly be worth your while?
Here, we’ve compiled a list of the top five reasons why you should attend RISMedia’s 2014 CEO Exchange this September 9-10 at The Yale Club in New York, N.Y.
1. The People. As in years past, we’ve searched far and wide to bring together industry leading professionals for this year’s event. With an all-star team made up of nearly 30 expert speakers, including keynote presentations from the following special guests: Dave Liniger, Gino Blefari, Ken Trepeta, Kevin Kelleher, Paul Boomsma and Vince Leisey, this is one star-studded event you don’t want to miss. And don’t forget to say hi to the RISMedia crew, as we’d love to hear what you’ve been up to!
2. The Networking. This year’s day-and-a-half long event is basically one big networking opportunity after another, so be sure to bring plenty of business cards. From the welcome reception on Day 1 to the networking breakfast on Day 2—and everything in between—you’ll have ample opportunity to make connections that will last a lifetime.
“I’ve been going to RISMedia events for six or seven years. I like the panels because you get to learn from other brokers, but more important for me is the other people you meet from outside your network and hearing their different perspectives. To me, the networking and people you meet and the ideas you receive are as valuable, if not more valuable, than the educational sessions.”
--Vince Leisey, Broker, Coach, Speaker, Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Ambassador Realty
3. The Topics. Looking to kick your marketing up a notch to truly stand out in the eyes of prospective buyers and sellers? Ready to amp up your forces through selecting, training, motivating and retaining the right agents? Interested in getting a rare glimpse into some of the biggest mistakes Power Brokers have made in operating and growing their real estate firms…and how these mistakes proved valuable? Our jam-packed agenda has got you covered when it comes to these topics—and more.
4. The Location. While some say there’s never a bad time to visit New York City, September is truly one of the best months of the year to plan a quick getaway to the Big Apple. In addition to the numerous event-related happenings taking place at New York City’s prestigious Yale Club, you certainly won’t be lacking for things to do. From restaurants that offer the perfect atmosphere to catch up with colleagues and even new business partners, New York City won’t disappoint. You can even make it a long weekend and take in a show—or two—while you’re at it.
5. The Timing. Nestled between the end of the busy summer selling season and the onslaught of the holidays, fall is the perfect time to take a step back and not only look at how far your business has come since January 1, but also what you need to focus on in order to meet your end-of-year goals.
“I always kick off the fall season with RISMedia’s CEO Exchange. It refocuses me for the last quarter drive. Because of its limited size, it enables me to have quality time with peers while having the opportunity to listen to outside industry speakers.”
--Helen Hanna Casey, President, Howard Hanna Real Estate Services
The CEO Exchange is an invitation-only event. To find out information about attending, please contact Randi Vannucchi at RISMedia at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (203) 855-1234 ext. 154. To see this year’s agenda, visit http://rismedia.com/events/rismedias-real-estate-ceo-exchange/.
Sponsors of RISMedia’s 2014 CEO Exchange include:
Bank of America Home Loans
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices
Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate
Century 21 Real Estate
ERA Real Estate
National Association of REALTORS®
Prudential Real Estate
Mobile Real Estate ID
Realtors Property Resource
HSA Home Warranty
The Real Estate Book
Paige Tepping is RISMedia’s Managing Editor.