The results are in on RISMedia's and DocuSign's recent broker survey on operations and technology. Brokers offered a lot of great insight on a variety of topics, from deciding on which technology to use, to agent adoption, to how they make their firm's technology decisions, and how they incorporate them into the business. Brokers also offered further insight into how they are using technology with digital transaction management systems.
Check out this infographic on the responses—but first a little background on our participants.
- Of the respondents, a little over 55% listed their title as broker/owner, 14% as broker associate, 19% as agent, less than 1% transaction coordinator and 9% as 'other,' some of which included president, CEO, vice president, brokerage sales manager, regional managing broker, managing broker, CFO and more.
- Agent count at participating brokerages ranged from 0 to over 4,000 agents; average transaction count ranged from 5 to over 16,000.
- Brokerages ranged in their tech spend annually, depending on the size of the brokerage. Spends ranged from $500-$90,000 annually on technology.
- 25% of respondents listed DocuSign as their company's digital transaction management platform of choice, with Dotloop coming in second at 17%, SkySlope at 12%, Transaction Desk at 7% and other DTM platforms filling out the lower percentages
- Respondents logged on from 32 out of 50 states and the District of Columbia, with the most concentrated in Calif. (13%), Fla. (11%), Mich. (6%), N. Y. (5%) and Texas (5%).
Here are the results: