By Michael Catarevas
In the latest RISMedia webinar-–”Back-to-Basics Strategies for Uncovering New Business”--panelists Julie Brittain, real estate advisor, Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Georgia Properties; Ian Hoover, partner, Deacon & Hoover Real Estate Advisors, Western Pennsylvania; and Stephanie Alfonso, director, sales enablement and solution engineering, Elm Street Technology, discuss…
The webinar was sponsored by Elm Street Technology and moderated by Joe Rand, chief creative officer for Howard Hanna | Rand Realty.
Panelists offered some top tips for getting new business through tried-and-true methods that have worked in the past:
- Make sure that you stay relevant, even when the market is slow. Make sure you are in everyone’s news feed because everyone is on social media.
- Hard work beats talent in real estate. Outwork everybody. Eat, drink and sleep real estate. That’s how you build your business.
- Get up earlier in the day. You can get a lot done before emails start coming in and the phone starts ringing.
- Get involved with the community. Join the Chamber of Commerce. Meet people and build relationships, then share it on social media.
Here’s what our esteemed panelists had to say:
- “You can’t manage what you can’t measure. 98% of an agent’s marketing should be automated because you should be busy with clients buying and selling homes.” -Stephanie Alfonso, director, sales enablement and solution engineering, Elm Street Technology
- “Branding yourself as the community expert is crucial. People want to do business with people they like and trust. Post listings in a way that drives traffic back to you. Take your listings to the next level.” - Julie Brittain, real estate advisor, Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Georgia Properties
- “When making cold calls don’t say hello Mr. so and so or hello Mrs. so and so. Say Hello Barbara or hello Stephanie. It catches people off guard and you can get a much better conversion rate.” -Ian Hoover, partner, Deacon & Hoover Real Estate Advisors, Western Pennsylvania
For more information on back-to-basics strategies for uncovering new business, check out the full webinar here.
To view more webinars from RISMedia, subscribe to our YouTube channel.