By Michael Catarevas
In the latest RISMedia webinar-–”Will 250k Agents Leave the Business Next Year? Here's What You Can Do to Keep Them”--panelists Anthony Lamacchia, CEO/ broker owner, Lamacchia Realty; Ken Baris, president, Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Jordan Baris Realty; and Willie Miranda, broker/ owner, Miranda Real Estate Group, discuss…
The webinar was sponsored by Inside Real Estate and moderated by Alissa Harper, chief sales officer, Inside Real Estate.
Panelists offered some top tips for what it takes to keep agents from leaving the business when the market is slow and inventory tight:
- Brokers need to teach agents how to manage the expectations of buyers and sellers with this challenging market so frustrations don’t get out of hand.
- There should be a focus on going back to basics, with an emphasis on more training to help get agents to the next level.
- Agents need to educate potential buyers about exactly what’s happening in the market in order to have them decide now is still a good time to buy.
- Too many brokerages concentrate mostly on their new agents. They need to spend as much time with established agents to keep them happy there.
Here’s what our esteemed panelists had to say:
- “I think it will be more [than 250k agents leaving the business] and it’s somewhat necessary. There have been too many people that have gotten in and it was a little too easy to sell two or three homes a year. Now we’re getting back to where you need to be an expert and take it seriously.” -Anthony Lamacchia, CEO/ broker owner, Lamacchia Realty
- “Everything has got to go in your calendar. A goal is not a goal unless it’s in writing. You need a do-now attitude. Execution is more important than ever. You can’t let things slip through the cracks. You can get tools to help with that, but you need a system, you need a process.” -Ken Baris, president, Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Jordan Baris Realty
- “From the broker’s side we always like to have our agents in some type of sales contest. It could be about listings, getting them to meetings, buyer contracts, whatever it is. We give points and have a grab-bag, a money grab-bag. Agents want to win, they want that recognition.” -Willie Miranda, broker/ owner, Miranda Real Estate Group
For more information on how you can keep your agents from leaving the business, check out the full webinar here.
To view more webinars from RISMedia, subscribe to our YouTube channel.